Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013


I am sitting on my couch this morning, curtains wide open, and I see movement ahead of me. I sit and watch, as the elderly lady across the street, opens her garage door, her straw broom in hand, and begins to sweep up the leaves, in front of her doorway. As I watch her, she sweeps right up to the snow, now covering the drive, and as frail as she is, proceeds to sweep up all the leaves around the doorway. Then, she goes in, grabs the dustpan, comes out, and I am expecting her to fall over at any second, and fills the dustpan with the leaves, and goes inside. 

I know that God has been working on my life, for the past few months, in the area of being a "keeper at home". When my husband married me, and before, he KNEW I was a terrible housekeeper. I LOVE having a clean house, but I HATE cleaning it. SO I do it, always begrudgingly, never cheerful, and I bulldoze my way through it, and then I am done, and relieved, and it gets messy and it BOTHERS me!!! TO NO END! I have sat in my bed in the middle of the night, to ponder about ways to keep the house clean, and tried many different methods. I am also a perfectionist, in that if I can't get things done ALL at once, I don't bother. I don't like half done jobs, so then why do it at all? Nevertheless, SOMEONE has got to do it! 

So as I sit and watch this lady this morning, I wonder why she does what she does, and I realize that this isn't the FIRST Monday morning I have seen this. I am thinking it's a routine. If she would answer the door, I may just go over and ask her about it, but I have watched as people selling things, and children selling things, don't get the door answered, probably because they don't wait long enough for her to get there. 

I think it's important to establish some sort of a routine, and with FlyLady's help, I know I can, so let's hope that today, as I sit inspired, I can do it!

#proverbs31womaninthemaking #imworkinonit #cantdoitbymyself

No comments: