Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Moving Forward

Morning y'all!

I felt it's time to share another AHA moment I have had here in High Level!

It seems to me that I know these things, but I don't really KNOW these things. I am loving the slow pace of life here, and when I come back people are going to be like, WHAT do you MEAN you don't wanna come out and play..... LOL  Im going to relish this time while I can :) I like busy, don't get me wrong, but once I am busy, I cannot slow down. God prompts me to do so, every so often, and it generally takes an illness, or a back put out, or something drastic to get my attention. So, moving up north for a few months, is exactly what it took, and I LOVE it! LOL

SECRET: Please don't mention this to anyone, it's our secret ok? I haven't even worn FLIP FLOPS since I got here. Seriously, the last time I did, was in Vegreville at the hotel, and they are safely tucked under the seat in the car. Then yesterday, I saw someone wearing them and I was all like "I LOVE YOU" :)  I have worn boots almost every day, and other days a pair of shoes I bought in the states when I was there with my SCENTSY GRILLS {Shout out to Spring Sprint team of Minneapolis}. So there, now you know my secret.

Anywho, I helped my friend Margie move yesterday. She was going to an hour away, and we really wanted to fit EVERYTHING IN and not have to make multiple loads. Then we cleaned, and ate lunch, and then we were on our way. It made sense to throw as many chillens into my car as we could, and pack the rest of the STUFF into her car {it has a bigger back end...totally jealous ;})  So we start off driving and the road is ice. Like ice. and I am swerving, going no faster than 50 KM, and start thinking about how LONG the drive is going to be. So we made it fun. Never going over 80 KM in the dry spots, and boy a drive SURE is different with FOUR kids, VS one.  We arrive, and her parents live in what used to be a church, so I ASSUME the entire parking lot, is drivable. Wrong. It's not. If you ever go there, its most DEF not. So, I got stuck in a drift, that didn't really LOOK like a drift! LOL SO we shoveled, Margie, Chance and I, and we rocked the car, and my tires are SO BALD that they don't get traction on the BEST of surfaces, so we keep trying. FINALLY, they pushed me out!! YAY MUSCLES!!! Or as Tina would call them, Kettlebells! LOL

We unloaded her stuff, and Chance and I head home. At 50 KM an hour. I drove a long way at 50, and realized that the side of the road I was on, was indeed NOT icy. The other side was, but for some reason, my side was not. Not a bit. So of course, I sped up. Then I started thinking. This is what I do in LIFE, BUSINESS, and SPIRITUALLY. I get swerving {something happens that wakes me up, takes me a-back, shocks me, hurts me, etc} and I slow down {Put up a wall, won't talk to that person again, don't want to take the time to help them out anymore, what do you mean what I have ALWAYS believed, is a lie?} and now, I refuse to go faster. What if I start swerving again? I'll just SLOW RIGHT DOWN, and most of the time I even STOP.  The road side turnout was at a very convenient spot and I thought about just stopping for a bit and resting my WHITE KNUCKLES.

I realize that I have done this all too often, and I need to keep moving forward, at 100 KM per hour. Yes, take it slow, test the road, but I went almost HALF WAY HOME, before I realized that yes indeed it is NOT icy here. Call my silly if you want, but I kinda wanted to make it home. That's all. I wanted to make it from the start to the finish. But can you IMAGINE what I felt like when I got to go speed limit??? Ecstatic. Although Chance was keeping me entertained in the car, by reading the owners manual outloud, and we were having a good time, I didn't want to spend the rest of my evening in the car!  {That kid I tell you...I am blessed}

So, you offer someone your business opportunity, your come to Jesus opportunity, or ladies coffee night for fellowship opportunity, and they say NO?  Keep moving forward. Do you BELIEVE in the opportunity? Then keep sharing it. This is why I shared my FLIP FLOP secret. I want OTHERS to joy in it with me lol. If I tell NO ONE, it will mean NOTHING to them <|:}) **Don't you love my little moustache man?**

So, let's keep moving forward. Be cautious, but be careful about how LONG you STAY CAUTIOUS!
Feel the wind in your hair!!! Let's go a HUNDRED! If' it gets icy, we will slow down to be cautious, but don't stay that way.

Don't let the thief steal, kill and destroy; Jesus came so that you can live an abundant life {adapted from John 10:10}

No comments: