Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 - Continued

So I didn't think I would get to making a list of 13 things, and I have 6 already under my belt, so would you like to hear more?

Ok. You convinced me.

{7}I had the privilege of attending director boot camp, in Boise, Idaho this past year. It was a trip of MANY firsts, and MANY blessings! It opened my eyes to a whole new level of "Maria" and what I was capable of. I met some of the BEST people you could ever meet, flew to a few different airports all by myself (Winnipeg, to Denver, to San Francisco, to Boise, back to Denver and back to Winnipeg)  I was SO nervous about going by myself, and I did it, didn't get lost, no trouble with flights, and I didn't have to freak out! lol I stayed with a roomie that I had never met (AND I would reccomend this to anyone, as I LOVE her), got to see where Scentsy first started, and meet some amazing people at the places where all the behind the scenes stuff goes on. Amazing trip!!!



{8} I got to showcase my loud, obnoxious and boisterous talents in a dinner theatre. They probably will never allow that again ;0) LOL  

{9} I walked a 5K - I will spare you the pics! I did run the end...it was in Indianapolis, and I was HOT! This was at Scentsy Convention, where I got to spend six days with an amazing consultant on my team, and her amazing daughter! We had a great time, and I was truly blessed to be able to go. Last minute it looked as if I had lost all hope, and then BAM!! ANGELS showed up and delivered the money I needed to go :)  I was also asked to present on stage, in front of THOUSANDS of consultants, and had the time of my LIFE!! WHAT AN HONOR!!!  Saw Kelly Clarkson do a concert for ALL us Scentsy consultants, learned so much for my business, met new people, and LOVED on those I already knew :0)

 {10} I lost my dear dog, Hope. She died of a heart attack and I thought I would NEVER be able to own another dog. For our family, it was a HUGE loss, and she is still missed DEARLY. She really was the best dog ever, and amazing. How I wish she would just run in and see me, and kiss me and lick me ( I never allowed licking..I hated it - but I would allow it now). 

{11}I began fostering for MMDR. You can see my album HERE  It was really a challenging, rewarding thing to do!! 

{12}I went through, and am still going through, one of the toughest seasons in my life. God has taught me trust, at a level that you cannot understand, if you have never been in my shoes. I am so amazed by the mercy He has one me, and that He chose to GROW me :) Do I ever feel growing pains, but that is another blog, for I am SURE, another day!

{13} Last but not least, I have learned to say NO. To some of you, that may sound rediculous, but to me, I have always been a PEOPLE PLEASER, and that got me NOWHERE. Actually, what it got me was walked on, things done out of guilt, and not out of love. Anger and bitterness towards others who pushed me past my limits, and I allowed them to, and it's not even their fault! THEY don't know where my boundaries are :)  NOW, I am not perfect, and still have a hard time with it, but I am telling you that it's amazing the freedom I feel from doing things out of obligation, and can do things out of love :)  Taking the time to evaluate what I place as priorites instead of what others place as priorities. 

There you have it! 13 things that happened in 2013 :)  I LOVE taking a look at my life, and I LOVE sharing this with you!!! XOXOXOXO

Wishing you all the richest of God's blessings in the new year, and through all your amazing journeys you are about to embark on!!

{Maria}

No comments: